Musicians are one of the world's oldest and most revered types of artists. The combination of instrumentation, lyrics, and engineering makes every song capable of becoming a part of someone's life story. They are loved, honored, admired and (sometimes) imitated. This is your chance to pay homage to those artists that have shaped you.
The concept of The Audio Idol Project has been in development for a couple of years now. It is, in earnest, my baby. I have been wanting to put this one in motion for a long time, and it is the only shoot I have planned out that I truly plan to fully participate in, both as a photographer and as a subject.
I want this one to be my biggest shoot yet. As many participants as we can gather, with as many instruments as we can get volunteered. GO BIG. HUGE. Maybe even rent out an official studio space. To make this happen, I need your help. Encourage everyone you know to participate!
● May be a non-fictional music artist from any era, any genre, and any age.
● Cross-dressing is permitted, provided that the outfit properly portrays the artist
● Portrayal may be inspired by a music video, album cover, or specific performance
● Proper portrayal of a band is most difficult to assemble and is not recommended. (If you decide to portray a band, it should include the whole band.)
● No duplicates of artists are permitted! Please check the list of chosen cosplays below to see what artists have already been selected.
● Props are permitted, provided they match the artist. No weaponry, food or live animals
● Instruments are HIGHLY encouraged! No smashing them up, however, unless it is yours
Current List of Participants and Cosplays
Dani K. - Janelle Monae
Katelynn B. - Sarah Brightman
Ashley R. - Billie Holiday
Kendra R. - Stevie Nicks
Dominique O. - Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes
Toki N. - Aaliyah
Mia M. - Lzzy Hale
Jackie W. - Jimi Hendrix
Izzy H. - Ryan Tedder
Danny M. - Adam Lambert
Symantha H. - Joan Jett
Amanda B. - Adele
Angel J. - Courtney Love
Chaunette S. - Queen Latifah
Marcus D. - R. Kelly
Vanna F. - Cyndi Lauper